(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page (if it's not there, use the "+" to get to it), paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the upper right corner of the app) then click publish).
Blah, blah... Y'all know the rules already. If you haven't written one because you think it's stupid... try thinking of it as a creative writing project and just do it.
Man, I could do 3 of these, but here goes:
1. Currently, my name is Gerald Eugene Williams. I say currently because I intend to change my name to "Jerry Williams!" officially this year. I would have done it last year but I didn't want to risk a voting issue.
2. As a child, I spent a few years as a practicing Muslim, using the name Akil Musadeen.
3. I have never been drunk or high from any external substance. I don’t believe in being out of personal control.
5. I am a fan of Dance. Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Swing, Military Drills. Doesn’t matter. Physical expression to rhythm is awesome. To do and to watch.
6. I performed with a traveling jazz dance troupe from the age of 10 to 15.
7. I have a tattoo of Mufasa’s mask from The Lion King (Broadway) on my right deltoid.
8. I know the joke in Jesse Vail’s List was #29.
9. I believe that there is bigotry in everyone pretty much past the age of reason. It’s what one does when the bigotry arises that makes the difference.
10. I have my own bigotries, but if you’re not aware of them, I guess I’m doing OK.
11. I think Cyndi Lauper is underappreciated as a singer.
12. I believe Race to be a false, manufactured label of humanity, but enough people believe in it that it has essentially been willed into existence.
13. I believe that Science is the Music of the Universe (MOTU).
14. I believe pseudo-science (astrology, psychics etc.) is the drunken wannabe musician singing off key, while I’m trying to listen to the MOTU.
15. My favorite word is defenestration. The act of throwing someone or something through a window.
16. I find religions fascinating, and learn more about them whenever I can.
17. My favorite pastime is thinking. Quiet room. Let the Universe stream through my head.
18. Buffy, The Vampire Slayer is my favorite tv show of all time. Seriously.
19. All of my freshman college grant money went to rent and bills for my parents who were in dire straits. I gave plasma regularly for books and bus fare. I have permanent scars on both arms from so many needle sticks.
20. To this day my parents are unaware where the money came from.
21. I am an emotional and violent person by nature, but a cerebral and controlled person by choice. Hence #3.
22. I think it is highly unlikely that Earth contains the only intelligent life in the Universe, but someone had to be first and sadly it could be Us.
23. I know why I am here.
24. I live like my life is a tv show, and often look at the camera for comical purposes.
25. My favorite sport is Boxing. Then Baseball.
26. I find women far more interesting to be around than men.
27. There is a look that women get when speaking passionately about something dear to them that I think is the most beautiful thing in the world.
28. I don’t believe Karma exists, but I live as if it does because it pleases me.
29. Thor comic books led to my Atheism.
30. I think we could use a few more socialist programs to go along with our socialist Police, Fire, Emergency Management, Military, Road Construction, and Food and Drug Safety programs.
31. I believe the Lowest Common Denominator types (LoComDoms) control our lives. They are the reason we have signs that say “No Parking. Anytime.” No parking MEANS anytime, but the LoComDoms need a liiiittle more to understand it!
32. If I have the time, I always talk to Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormons when they come by. See #16.
33. I am very self-aware. I’ve spent a great deal of time studying my own thoughts, motivations and intentions. I believe understanding ones self leads to a greater understanding of others.
34. I once quit a job by leaving a note at my station and walking away unseen (LabelArt in Oakland). It was the only thing I could think of to keep from punching the boss in the chops.
35. I dread the day my son will no longer want to hold my hand.
36. I think there should be a statute of limitations on not spoiling movie endings. Like 3 years. I can’t be expected to not make random movie references because someone’s “been meaning to see that one.”
37. Spock dies.
Kevin Spacey is Keyser Soze.
The chick is a dude.